Monday, April 16, 2007

I keep forgetting everything. My whole life is nearly entirely forgotten. I don't know what to do, how to make things make sense, how to connect my life together in threaded continuity. I wish I could tag experiences, just to recall them. I can't remember anything of my childhood. What was my Kindergarten teacher's name? What did we learn in French class in fifth grade? How did I meet my friend Devin in ninth? Did I ever do anything of importance? Was there ever a great moment in my life that changed it's direction? How can I recall these lost things? 

There are a lot of things I don't know, so I try to remain in a bubble. A closed world of night and coffee. Of pale, flickering light and current experience. The experience itself is not exciting, but it can soak up the water of different-ness. I am homogenizing my life to make it seem as if I can remember it. Making it the same, day-in, day-out, so that when someone asks me what I did, I have an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment